China: CHP notified of human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Feb, 3, 2017 20:54 PM from www.info.gov.hk
The 45 male and 12 female patients aged from 26 to 84 had their onset from January 4 to 29. The cases were from Jiangsu (13 cases), Guangdong (10 cases), Zhejiang (eight cases), Hunan (seven cases), Jiangxi (seven cases), Anhui (six cases), Fujian (four cases) and one case each in Hubei and Sichuan. Among them, 32 reported exposure to poultry or poultry markets while the source of infection of 21 cases was still under investigation.
"Since November 2016, the Mainland health authorities have already recorded 298 human H7N9 cases thus far. We would also like to remind the public that human H7N9 cases continue to occur in neighbouring Guangdong and the positive percentage for H7 virus of environmental samples is substantial. We again urge the public to pay special attention to health risks of the places of visit," a spokesman for the CHP said.
"While local surveillance, prevention and control measures are in place, we will remain vigilant and work closely with the World Health Organization and relevant health authorities to monitor the latest developments," the spokesman said.
As the H7N9 virus continues to be detected in animals and environments in the Mainland, additional human cases are expected in affected and possibly neighbouring areas. In view of the heavy trade and travel between the Mainland and Hong Kong, further sporadic imported human cases in Hong Kong every now and then are expected, especially in the coming few months.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 12 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022