Paola CR, etc., al. Whole-Genome Characterization of a Novel Human Influenza A(H1N2) Virus Variant, Brazil. DOI: 10.3201/eid2301.161122
We report the characterization of a novel reassortant influenza A(H1N2) virus not previously reported in humans. Recovered from a a pig farm worker in southeast Brazil who had influenza-like illness, this virus is a triple reassortant containing gene segments from subtypes H1N2 (hemagglutinin), H3N2 (neuraminidase), and pandemic H1N1 (remaining genes).
- Bidirectional movement of emerging H5N8 avian influenza viruses between Europe and Asia via migratory birds since early 2020 5 days ago
- Household Transmission of Influenza A Viruses in 2021-2022 5 days ago
- Effects of ambient temperature on influenza-like illness: A multicity analysis in Shandong Province, China, 2014-2017 5 days ago
- Highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N1) virus infection in farmed minks, Spain, October 2022 6 days ago
- Infectivity and transmissibility of an avian H3N1 influenza virus in pigs 6 days ago