Paola CR, etc., al. Whole-Genome Characterization of a Novel Human Influenza A(H1N2) Virus Variant, Brazil. DOI: 10.3201/eid2301.161122
We report the characterization of a novel reassortant influenza A(H1N2) virus not previously reported in humans. Recovered from a a pig farm worker in southeast Brazil who had influenza-like illness, this virus is a triple reassortant containing gene segments from subtypes H1N2 (hemagglutinin), H3N2 (neuraminidase), and pandemic H1N1 (remaining genes).
- Analysis of miRNA expression in the trachea of Ri chicken infected with the highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 virus 3 hours ago
- First report and genetic characterization of the highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N1) virus in Cabot´s tern ( Thalasseus acuflavidus), Brazil 3 hours ago
- Determinants for the presence of avian influenza virus in live bird markets in Bangladesh: Towards an easy fix of a looming one health issue 3 hours ago
- Geographical characteristics and influencing factors of the influenza epidemic in Hubei, China, from 2009 to 2019 2 days ago
- The influenza A virus promotes fungal growth of Aspergillus fumigatus via direct interaction in vitro 2 days ago