Yaoyao Chen, etc.,al. Surveillance of avian influenza virus in poultry environment in Yunnan Province, 2015-2021. DOI： 10.3760/cma.j.cn331340-20220324-00064
MethodsSix types of environmental samples(cage swabs, chopping board swabs, poultry faeces, sewage for cleaning poultry and drinking water for poultry) were collected from five types of bird related sites in 16 areas. The nucleic acid of avian influenza virus type A(flu A) was detected by Real-time PCR. The H5, H7 and H9 subtypes were further detected in flu A nucleic acid positive samples.
ResultsA total of 11033 environmental samples were detected from 2015 to 2021 in Yunnan, and 2951 (26.75%) of these samples were positive for flu A with the majority of H9 subtype(2164 samples). The positive rates of samples in urban and rural live poultry markets and live poultry wholesale markets were both high(36.08% and 35.06%). Among the six types of external environment samples, the positive rate of the sewage for cleaning poultry was the highest(45.50%), followed by chopping board swabs(35.06%). The top three areas of positive rates for flu A were Baoshan, Wenshan and Nujiang in Yunnan Province.
ConclusionsThe pollution of avian influenza virus in the external environment is still serious in Yunnan.
- Analysis of miRNA expression in the trachea of Ri chicken infected with the highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 virus 3 hours ago
- First report and genetic characterization of the highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N1) virus in Cabot´s tern ( Thalasseus acuflavidus), Brazil 3 hours ago
- Determinants for the presence of avian influenza virus in live bird markets in Bangladesh: Towards an easy fix of a looming one health issue 3 hours ago
- Geographical characteristics and influencing factors of the influenza epidemic in Hubei, China, from 2009 to 2019 2 days ago
- The influenza A virus promotes fungal growth of Aspergillus fumigatus via direct interaction in vitro 2 days ago