Kim YC, Won SY, Jeong BH. The first association study of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the IFITM1 gene with influenza H1N1 2009 pandemic virus infection. Mol Cell Toxicol. 2021 Feb 15:1-8
Objective: To identify an association between the susceptibility to pandemic influenza A 2009 H1N1 virus infection and IFITM1 polymorphisms, we compared genotype, allele and haplotype frequencies of the IFITM1 gene between healthy controls and pandemic influenza A 2009 H1N1-infected patients. In addition, we investigated linkage disequilibrium (LD) by Haploview 4.2 and the binding ability of transcription factors according to IFITM1 polymorphism alleles by PROMO. Furthermore, we measured the LD value between the IFITM1 gene and the IFITM3 gene.
Results: We found 3 novel single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and did not find an association between IFITM1 SNPs and susceptibility to pandemic influenza A 2009 H1N1 virus infection. We found strong LD among IFITM1 SNPs but did not find a difference in the transcription factor-binding ability according to regulatory IFITM1 SNP alleles. In addition, we found strong LD between IFITM1 SNPs and IFITM3 SNPs.
Conclusion: To the best of our knowledge, this report is the first association study of the susceptibility to pandemic influenza A 2009 H1N1 virus infection and IFITM1 polymorphisms.
- Development and application of a real-time RT-PCR assay to rapidly detect H2 subtype avian influenza A viruses 2 days ago
- Epigraph hemagglutinin vaccine induces broad cross-reactive immunity against swine H3 influenza virus 2 days ago
- Human Infection with Eurasian Avian-Like Swine Influenza A(H1N1) Virus, the Netherlands, September 2019 2 days ago
- Influenza A virus surveillance, infection, and antibody persistence in snow geese (Anser caerulescens) 3 days ago
- A Live Attenuated H9N2 Avian Influenza Vaccine Prevents the Viral Reassortment by Exchanging the HA and NS1 Packaging Signals 4 days ago