China: Guizhou reported an additional human H7N9 AIV case in Qiandongnan
submited by kickingbird at Feb, 22, 2017 22:55 PM from HFPC of Guizhou
The medical health instution of Qiandongnan Miao and Dong autonomous prefecture found a H7N9 AIV positive sample from a unknown pneumonia case in Leishan county during the enhanced pneumonia surveillance. The test result was later confirmed by Guizhou provincial CDC.
The 51-year-old male patient, lived in Leishan county of Qiandongnan Miao and Dong autonomous prefecture. The epidemiological investigation revealed that the patient had live poultry contact history. The patient is now in hospital for treatment.
The investigation of the Qiandongnan cases(published on Aug 2017) is available at: http://www.flu.org.cn/scn/article_detail.asp?articleId=11851
[Previous reported human AIV cases in Guizhou other than H7N9, referred by publications]
2009-01-17 Qiandongnan Miao and Dong autonomous prefecture (exported to Huaihua city of Hunan province),16-year-old male, fatal [publication]
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 12 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022