China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Jiangxi
submited by kickingbird at Jan, 5, 2017 18:36 PM from news.gov.hk
According to the Health and Family Planning Commission of Jiangxi Province, the male patient, aged 48 and from Jiujiang, has been hospitalised in Nanchang and is in a stable condition.
"We will remain vigilant and work closely with the World Health Organization and relevant health authorities to monitor the latest developments," a spokesman for the CHP said.
"Locally, two human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) were recently detected this winter. Neighbouring Guangdong and Macau also reported their first human H7N9 cases this winter. The activity of avian influenza is expected to increase in winter based on its seasonal pattern," the spokesman said.
"The public should avoid touching birds, poultry or their droppings and visiting poultry markets or farms during travel. If feeling unwell, such as having a fever or cough, wear a mask and seek medical advice at once. Travellers returning from affected areas should consult doctors promptly if symptoms develop and let them know their travel history," the spokesman added.
The CHP´s Port Health Office conducts health surveillance measures at all boundary control points. Thermal imaging systems are in place for body temperature checks on inbound travellers. Suspected cases will be immediately referred to public hospitals for follow-up.
The display of posters and broadcasting of health messages in departure and arrival halls as health education for travellers is under way. The travel industry and other stakeholders are regularly updated on the latest information.
A thesis focused on clinical features and prognosis of 20 H7N9 cases in Jiangxi(published on Nov 2017) is available at: http://www.flu.org.cn/scn/article_detail.asp?articleId=12111
- China:CHP reports investigation progress of case of influenza A (H9N2) infection 11 hours ago
- China: CHP investigating human case of influenza A (H9) infection in Hong Kong 2 days ago
- WHO: Avian Influenza A(H10N5) and Influenza A(H3N2) coinfection - China 9 days ago
- China: CHP closely monitors human case co-infected with avian influenza A(H10N5) and influenza A(H3N2) on Mainland Jan, 31, 2024
- China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) on Mainland Jan, 16, 2024