China: CHP notified of additional human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Hubei
submited by kickingbird at Apr, 22, 2016 9:34 AM from NEWS.GOV.HK
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) was notified of an additional human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Hubei by the National Health and Family Planning Commission today (April 21), and again urged the public to maintain strict personal, food and environmental hygiene both locally and during travel.
The case involves a man aged 35 who developed fever on April 9 and was admitted to a hospital on April 12. He is now in critical condition.
From 2014 to date, a total of 11 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities.
The investigation of the Hubei case(published on Sep 2017) is available at: http://www.flu.org.cn/scn/article_detail.asp?articleId=11961
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 12 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human cases of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Hunan and Guizhou province Jun, 9, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022