China:2 new bird flu outbreaks reported in Inner Mongolia, Hubei
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 20, 2005 8:16 AM from Xinhua News Agency
It noted in a statement that a total of 176 chickens, ducks and geese died Tuesday in the banner (or county) of Morin Dawa in Inner Mongolia before they were confirmed by a state avian flu lab as H5N1 subtype highly pathogenic bird flu cases.
Separately, the same kind of bird flu killed 3,500 geese Wednesday at a development zone in Shishou City of Hubei Province.
The Ministry of Agriculture has sent a team of experts to help contain the disease, and local veterinary departments have culled the poultry near the affected area, the statement said.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(H5N1) ,Laos 8 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(H5N6),China (People´s Rep. of) 12 days ago
- WHO: Avian influenza A(H5N1) situation update, Egypt, September 2016 12 days ago
- China: two HPAIV outbreaks reported in Gansu and Hubei provinces 15 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Vietnam Oct, 4, 2016