China:2 new bird flu outbreaks reported in Inner Mongolia, Hubei
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 20, 2005 8:16 AM from Xinhua News Agency
It noted in a statement that a total of 176 chickens, ducks and geese died Tuesday in the banner (or county) of Morin Dawa in Inner Mongolia before they were confirmed by a state avian flu lab as H5N1 subtype highly pathogenic bird flu cases.
Separately, the same kind of bird flu killed 3,500 geese Wednesday at a development zone in Shishou City of Hubei Province.
The Ministry of Agriculture has sent a team of experts to help contain the disease, and local veterinary departments have culled the poultry near the affected area, the statement said.
- China: Sales of live birds halted in Macao after enviromental sample tested positive for H7 4 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza ,Russia 7 days ago
- China: a human H9N2 case confirmed in Meizhou 9 days ago
- China: a human H7N9 case reported in Shenyang city of Liaoning province 11 days ago
- China: CHP closely monitors six human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Mainland 12 days ago