China:2 new bird flu outbreaks reported in Inner Mongolia, Hubei
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 20, 2005 8:16 AM from Xinhua News Agency
It noted in a statement that a total of 176 chickens, ducks and geese died Tuesday in the banner (or county) of Morin Dawa in Inner Mongolia before they were confirmed by a state avian flu lab as H5N1 subtype highly pathogenic bird flu cases.
Separately, the same kind of bird flu killed 3,500 geese Wednesday at a development zone in Shishou City of Hubei Province.
The Ministry of Agriculture has sent a team of experts to help contain the disease, and local veterinary departments have culled the poultry near the affected area, the statement said.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Togo 2 days ago
- China: Guangdong reported a H9N2 case during surveillance 2 days ago
- WHO: Human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) virus - China 10 days ago
- China: Journal review showed a human H9N2 infection in Sichuan in February 11 days ago
- China: CHP closely monitors five human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) on Mainland 13 days ago