China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Mar, 16, 2022 1:25 AM from The Government of HongKong S.A.R Press Release
The case involves a 51-year-old female living in Nanchang in Jiangxi Province, who had exposure to live domestic poultry before onset. She developed symptoms on February 20 and was admitted for treatment on February 23. She is in critical condition.
From 2014 to date, 74 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China 8 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Sichuan province Jun, 29, 2022
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Jiangxi province Jun, 27, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H3N8) reported in Hunan province Jun, 1, 2022
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza(infection with H5N1), Slovakia May, 29, 2022