China: CHP closely monitors two human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Sep, 30, 2021 22:40 PM from The Government of HongKong S.A.R Press Releases
The first case involves a 55-year-old man living in Guilin in Guangxi, who had prior exposure to a live poultry market before the onset of symptoms. He developed symptoms on August 23, and was admitted for treatment on August 30. The patient is in serious condition.
The second case involves a 72-year-old man living in Chongqing Municipality, who had contact with sick poultry before onset. He developed symptoms on September 16, and was admitted for treatment on September 19. The patient has passed away.
From 2014 to date, 47 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Guangxi Autonomous Region Sep, 18, 2022
- A first: Avian influenza detected in American dolphin Sep, 15, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Guangdong province Sep, 7, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Guizhou province Sep, 7, 2022
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022