China: CHP closely monitors human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Mainland
submited by kickingbird at Sep, 9, 2021 8:36 AM from The Government of HongKong S.A.R Press Releases
The case involves a 48-year-old woman living in Liuzhou, Guangxi, who had contact with live domestic poultry before the onset of symptoms. She developed symptoms on August 25 and was admitted for treatment on August 29. The patient is in serious condition.
From 2014 to date, 42 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by Mainland health authorities.
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Guangxi Autonomous Region Sep, 18, 2022
- A first: Avian influenza detected in American dolphin Sep, 15, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Guangdong province Sep, 7, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Guizhou province Sep, 7, 2022
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022