China: CHP notified of human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Fujian
submited by kickingbird at Jan, 6, 2018 19:53 PM from CHP, HONG KONG
The case involved a three-year-old girl, who lived in Sanyuan district of Sanming City, had contact with live poultry before the onset of symptoms on 19th Dec,2017. The patient had recovered after medical treatment and her close contacts remain asymptomatic.
"Based on the seasonal pattern of avian influenza viruses, their activity in the Mainland is expected to increase in winter. The public should avoid contact with poultry, birds and their droppings and should not visit live poultry markets and farms to prevent avian influenza," a spokesman for the CHP said.
From 2014 to date, 18 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities.
"All novel influenza A infections, including H5N6, are notifiable infectious diseases in Hong Kong," the spokesman said.
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Chinese Taipei 9 hours ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, South Africa 3 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Iran 5 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Chinese Taipei 13 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Iran 14 days ago