China: CHP notified of human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) in Guangxi
submited by kickingbird at Nov, 21, 2017 0:34 AM from CHP, HongKong
The case involved a 33-year-old man from Guigang. He developed symptoms on November 7 and was hospitalised on November 12. He is now in a critical condition. The patient had contact with live poultry and exposure to live poultry markets before the onset of symptoms.
"Based on the seasonal pattern of avian influenza viruses, their activity in the Mainland is expected to increase in winter. The public should avoid contact with poultry, birds and their droppings and should not visit live poultry markets and farms to prevent avian influenza," a spokesman for the CHP said.
From 2014 to date, 17 human cases of avian influenza A(H5N6) have been reported by the Mainland health authorities.
"All novel influenza A infections, including H5N6, are notifiable infectious diseases in Hong Kong," the spokesman said.
Guangxi previous human H5N6 case reported in Liuzhou city in Nov 2016.
- China: A human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) reported in Guangxi Autonomous Region 7 days ago
- A first: Avian influenza detected in American dolphin 10 days ago
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Guangdong province Sep, 7, 2022
- China: Confirmed human case of avian influenza A(H9N2) reported in Guizhou province Sep, 7, 2022
- WOAH: Influenza A viruses of high pathogenicity (Infection with H5N1) (non-poultry including wild birds) (2017-), China Aug, 1, 2022