China: CHP notified of human case of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Hunan
submited by kickingbird at Sep, 9, 2017 8:43 AM from CHP, Hong Kong
The 67-year-old male patient in Zhangjiajie had onset on August 27 and was admitted to hospital for severe pneumonia. He had exposure to a live poultry market before onset.
Travellers to the Mainland or other affected areas must avoid visiting wet markets, live poultry markets or farms. They should be alert to the presence of backyard poultry when visiting relatives and friends. They should also avoid purchasing live or freshly slaughtered poultry, and avoid touching poultry/birds or their droppings. They should strictly observe personal and hand hygiene when visiting any place with live poultry.
- Study: latest H7N9 strains edge closer to efficient transmission 17 hours ago
- OIE: Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry), Netherlands 4 days ago
- WHO: Influenza at the human-animal interface, summary and assessment, 25 July 2017 to 27 September 2017 9 days ago
- OIE: Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Vietnam Sep, 29, 2017
- China: CHP notified of human case of avian influenza A(H7N9) in Liaoning Sep, 15, 2017